Saturday, March 21, 2009

Metamorphosis


Metamorphosis from Glenn Marshall on Vimeo.

Stumbled upon this beauty....Not sure what software is Processing, but Glenn explains it somewhat on his blog / website Butterfly . He uses Wordpress and has an RSS.

Processing software. Here is a quote from Glenn's website:

“Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to program images, animation, and interactions. It is used by students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists for learning, prototyping, and production. It is created to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to serve as a software sketchbook and professional production tool. Processing is an alternative to proprietary software tools in the same domain.”

My mantra is still "search for inspiration" and perhaps with this I may find a way to animate some of my ideas.

However, everything at a cost. Spend money, invest in hardware and software. Invest time in my own pursutes and isolate myself from family. Lose touch or struggle for balance. The stuggle for balance is the better way to go - search for inspriation and find balance in life as much as possible. My biggest hindrance to relating to my kids is my lack of interest in sports. Of course that does not hinder my love for them. As usual I ramble on.

I've continued with the drawings of the orange and will post them soon. I am up to eight sketches and will complete my latest self assignment. To draw one each day for three days. Today is day two, the drawings are roughtly 2"X3". As promised I will post them all when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment